Monday, April 8, 2013

Interview and Review for French Kiss by LMKate11


Calling all readers, I have found another amazing book in Wattpad. I recommend reading French Kiss by LMKate11. Lets meet the author behind this amazing find.


Where are you from?

I'm from a small town in Oklahoma originally?

What age did you begin writing?

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. When my cousins and I were little, we would write plays and put them on for our parents. And in 3rd grade I wanted my friend to take one of my manuscripts to the children's author she went to church with.

Give us the tittle and genre of your book.

My book is called French Kiss, and is a humorous romance story.

How did you come up with the title of your book? 

Honestly, it was sort of lane. The story starts with my main character arriving in Paris . . . so I just went the French thing. 

Tell us a little bit about your cover art. Who designed it? Why did you go with that particular image/artwork?

Actually right now, the awesome angel_ray2 is designing a cover for me because the one I made looks awful.

Who is your favorite character from your book and why?

I'm a big of Jean-Luc. I always have some character that just gets people, and he is definitely that character. He is the quiet intuitive type.

How about your least favorite character? What makes them less appealing to you?

You know, I'm not sure I have a character I dislike. . . but I feel frustrated with my main character. She has some of the qualities I dislike in myself (like her social anxiety) and so I really route for her to step it up and put herself out there.

If you could change one thing on your book, what would it be? Why?

That's a tough one . . . I don't know. It's not finished yet. So somewhere down the line I'll probably wish I'd written something different.

Give us an interesting fun fact or few of your book.

Well, all the french stuff in it should be pretty accurate considering I'm pursuing a degree in French . . . I guess one fun thing is that in my head, Romain has some Romanian (aka gypsy) ancestry, which I find ironic because his name is Romain . . . but I doubt that'll ever come up in the book.

Is there a message in your book you want readers to grasp?

Yes. I hope that the struggles Beth has experienced in her life will help other people. And I think it is important that nothing overly dramatic ever had happen to her, yet she struggles with being happy. I guess in the end, I hope people see the importance of love and how it heals everybody.

What was the hardest thing of writing your book?

The freaking accent marks. I would sometimes change a piece of dialogue just because I didn't want to search for the accent mark that went on a word. Microsoft makes it hard for some of the less common marks. 

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I always learning from writing. I think mostly, I learn about me. But I don't think my lesson is through yet, so I can't say just what it is. 

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Write, write, write, read everything you get you hand on, and write.

Do you have anything specific that you want to tell your readers?

Just thank you for your support. It definitely keeps me motivated.




* * *


Review Time:





Title: French Kiss

Author: LMKate11

Rating: 4/5

Genre: Romance/ Teen Fiction




* * *


Book Description:



No French, no problem. Home-body Beth suddenly finds herself spending her summer in Paris with her aunt. And while most girls would be thrilled to death, Beth can't keep herself from wishing she could return to California and her mother. She decides, however, to make the best of her trip, and soon, some unlikely relationships develop. The question is, will Beth be able to keep her new friends once her world is collapsing around her.



What I think:


There is not a lot I can say, because the book is in the beginning stages, but I can honestly tell you that what I read so far is wonderful. The descriptions are so vivid, I felt like I was there. Love how the author use their vocabulary.

I also love how the characters are developing so well, especially Beth. She's a girl we can all relate to as she struggles with spending the summer in Paris, when all she wants is to spend it in California with her mom. I honestly know how she feels, because I been in positions were I had to do things I'm not so happy with, but in reality we all do stuff we don't like. She meets new people who becomes her friends and help her deal with this new experience. But soon new problems would arise and friends would become enemies and enemies would become friends.

Every chapter leaves you wanting more. French Kiss has a little bit for everyone, romance, adventure, and much more. So please click on the link below and check it out, you won't regret it. French Kiss is a must read.




Book Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment